Search

Showrabbits.com Forum · Polish

Replies in this thread : 5

Author Topic : Genetic Q Help
 CrimsCreek
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
6/17/2019 11:41:09 AM reply with quote send message to CrimsCreek Object to Post   

How can I breed out the REW gene from my herd? I have a litter due tonight, but looking like there will be a 50/50 chance of a REW carrier if not an actual REW will be born.
 Six Gun
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/17/2019 11:15:24 PM reply with quote send message to Six Gun Object to Post

REW is determined by the C gene. In the game the recessive C gene is Cr. Just one Cr and you'll get a colored rabbit. Two Cr and you get a REW everytime.
So, just keep avoid breeding a Cr carrier to another Cr carrier.

There are a lot of other colors on that C gene, cchl and cchd for example. Both are chin but one is darker colored. I don't however know if they're in the game or how they're marked.
 Rule Breaker Rabbitry
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/18/2019 12:48:55 AM reply with quote send message to Rule Breaker Rabbitry Object to Post

Both cchl and cchd are in the game. If you are trying to breed base colors you want Cd in both spots on that locus.
 Six Gun
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/19/2019 8:20:25 AM reply with quote send message to Six Gun Object to Post

Ive never really paid much attention to how the genetics are spelled out in the game. But just from this post, I seem to understand that Cd is C dominant gene or "C" and Cr is C recessive or "c".
Is there any reason this was done this way? it seems like it makes more letters for no reason.
 CrimsCreek
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/19/2019 10:17:07 AM reply with quote send message to CrimsCreek Object to Post

posted by Rule Breaker Rabbitry
Both cchl and cchd are in the game. If you are trying to breed base colors you want Cd in both spots on that locus.
So I can keep breeding REW carrier to non REW carrier, retaining the non REW carriers and eventually the gene will be eliminated?

CrimsCreek
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/15/2019 8:47:56 AM reply with quote send message to CrimsCreek Object to Post

Now I'm trying to eliminate the lilac gene from my herd.

Replies in this thread : 5

CrimsCreek
Rabbits for Sale
Six Gun
Rabbits for Sale
Rule Breaker Rabbitry
Rabbits for Sale