Search

Showrabbits.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 5

Author Topic : Traits- What do the Numbers Mean??
 Little Willow Rabbitry
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
9/6/2017 11:45:16 PM reply with quote send message to Little Willow Rabbitry Object to Post   

Trying to figure out what rabbits to keep (I'm waaaay over stocked :P), and I can't figure out what the numbers actually mean on the list of traits for each rabbit.

For example- one of my bucks 'GC Little Willows Buzz 56.33' has 57.7 under BODY, but 92nd underneath that number too? How do I select rabbits to breed together for improved stats?
 Silver Bunnies
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/7/2017 12:44:18 AM reply with quote send message to Silver Bunnies Object to Post

each breed has traits that weigh heavier for the breed. checkthe breed and see which traits are judged higher and work to improve those traits.the percentile under the trait score is the percentile where that rabbit is compaired to others of same breed and variety. if that helps you out any lol
 Silver Bunnies
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/7/2017 12:47:47 AM reply with quote send message to Silver Bunnies Object to Post

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

General Type 70
Body 35
Head 15
Ears 15
Eyes 5

Wool 10
Fur 10

Color 15
Color 15

General Condition 5
Condition 5
these are the numbers for the netherland dwarf
as you can see the highest one is body then head ears and color are the ones i would work on and maybe fur too

-----
Last edited by Silver Bunnies on 9/7/2017 12:48:26 AM

-----
Last edited by Silver Bunnies on 9/7/2017 12:48:56 AM
 Little Willow Rabbitry
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/7/2017 3:21:28 PM reply with quote send message to Little Willow Rabbitry Object to Post

Ah, ok. So if I have a rabbit that has 100th under a trait, is that good or really really bad? XD
 Little Willow Rabbitry
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/7/2017 5:46:15 PM reply with quote send message to Little Willow Rabbitry Object to Post

And what does it mean if there is no '97th (etc.)' number under a rabbits trait?? Still very confused...
 Hoppin-B-Boppin Bunnies
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/7/2017 6:30:36 PM reply with quote send message to Hoppin-B-Boppin Bunnies Object to Post

If a rabbit has 100th under a trait it means it's better than one that is 99th. But like Silver Bunnies said, it's only for the same variety, so a rabbit in the Agouti group with a 89th may still have a better trait number than a rabbit in the Self group at 94th. It's better to just compare the trait using the number above that, like the 57.7 for Body on your Little Willows Buzz.

If there's nothing below it, just --, it can mean it hasn't been calculated yet if it's a new rabbit. In other cases it often means it's a high trait number compared to the rest in its variety so you may want to keep an eye on it. It should fill in later though when other rabbits surpass that number.

Replies in this thread : 5

Little Willow Rabbitry
Rabbits for Sale
Silver Bunnies
Rabbits for Sale
Hoppin-B-Boppin Bunnies
Rabbits for Sale