Search

Showrabbits.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 18

Author Topic : So I messed up on this account
 Vex
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
8/29/2017 3:50:23 AM reply with quote send message to Vex Object to Post   

I feel like I didn't know what I was doing. I wanted to try another one of these websites and I can't sign up... why? Nothing is really clear here at first. I would ideally like a new account here, but that might be a rule breaking thing, but show dogs too?

I'm down to no money with hardly anything to show for it, would spend $6 but someone is saying that doesn't work. *sigh* Guess i'll barely play till I'm out for good. I did read as much of the guides as I could, but saw them AFTER my mistakes. sad :(
 CrimsCreek
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/29/2017 12:12:20 PM reply with quote send message to CrimsCreek Object to Post

How do you think you messed up?
 Klassik
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/29/2017 5:13:30 PM reply with quote send message to Klassik Object to Post

What breed do you want ? If it is any that i have I can give you a good foundation trio for free.
 Rabbit Rabbit
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/29/2017 7:01:40 PM reply with quote send message to Rabbit Rabbit Object to Post

So on SD, get rid of everything that isn't competitive, sell all your sessions you haven't used every day to earn the money to feed and show what you have.
 CrimsCreek
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/29/2017 11:13:50 PM reply with quote send message to CrimsCreek Object to Post

If you're talking about SD. Stop showing, sell your sessions, and rack up the money. When you've reached enough to sustain you a few days, enter your dogs only two days at a time.
 Vex
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/30/2017 7:06:22 AM reply with quote send message to Vex Object to Post

No, I messed up my account here by buying the wrong things ie a 100g stud fee and 200g rabbits.I think I am ok I have 97g now, I can't give my rabbits away it seems. I chose the tan breed. Wish I could start over.

I was trying to ask if anyone is having trouble signing up at the other sites, I can't at all.
 Vex
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/30/2017 10:20:48 AM reply with quote send message to Vex Object to Post

"I can't give my rabbits away it seems."

I meant they don't sell, arg I shouldn't type early in the morning. What is a popular breed here?
 Vex
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/30/2017 10:21:05 AM reply with quote send message to Vex Object to Post

I meant they don't sell, arg I shouldn't type early in the morning. What is a popular breed here?
 Vex
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/30/2017 10:21:10 AM reply with quote send message to Vex Object to Post

JustLooking
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/30/2017 12:05:58 PM reply with quote send message to JustLooking Object to Post

What do you mean by unable to sign upon any of the sites?

ShowHorse, ShowDog require a different email but you can use an alias if that is the problem you are having - you have had accounts in the past and they will still exist. Neither of these sites allows you to have more than one active free Basic account though. Many of us have several subscribed accounts. The Family Subscription gives you 5 accounts at a discount.

ShowRabbits is intended to be one account per customer, period. There was an issue with the coin buying feature - I'm not sure if it has been resolved. Has anyone bought coins in the past few days? I know that I will need to do so soon - feedsack is getting to the bottom.

By contacting Admin on ShowDog you can usually get a reset - you lose any dogs you have and get the starting 'grant' of whatever it is. I suspect the same is true of ShowHorse but you have to ask.

Admin is just one person these days I believe and he has other "jobs". You may not get an immediate response to your request, but keep reminding him (nag if necessary but be polite and reasonable
- lol).
 Vex
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/30/2017 2:09:56 PM reply with quote send message to Vex Object to Post

No, I have not been able to register at any of the other sites period. No email sent to me, nothing. Sorry about the multiple messages earlier, my browser froze up. I'm doing ok here, I'll just work with what I have.
 JustLooking
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/30/2017 2:59:15 PM reply with quote send message to JustLooking Object to Post

So, I'm just interested-curious about what happens when you try to register on say, ShowHorse or Dog. What happens? Do you not get an email with the password? It seems someone said to check the Spam and/or JunkMail folders - it may have wound up there since it's an automated mailing.

I'm pretty sure SH and SD are working for signups as I've corresponded with a number of new folks in the past weeks.

Did you use the same name "Vex" or something else - I can see if the account exists.
 JustLooking
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/30/2017 3:13:01 PM reply with quote send message to JustLooking Object to Post

There is an account "vex" on ShowDog. It was created on 12/24/2005 and was never logged into (last visit 12/24/1005). Is that you? Could it be that old?

www.showdog.com/general/user_information.aspx?user=vex

There is no "vex" on ShowHorse.
 Vex
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/30/2017 3:47:19 PM reply with quote send message to Vex Object to Post

Well I don't know, I have had issues logging in here and I have had to clear my cookies to log in. So when I try to make an account, it looks like it is sending and then just refreshes. No confirmation of an account being made (no confirmation text), then I check my email and nothing. I tried another computer (my husbands) and also there nothing goes through.

That was not me in 2005 100%, I tried showdog with a different name anyway recently... but I have not used this name anywhere else. I have moved 3x, different email, and internet service... so it doesn't make sense for that being the reason why.

I'm sorry, I am flustered. I don't know why exactly things are like this, I am ok with my account as of now. I have a nice rabbit out of a breeding, and some money so I am ok! It would have been nice to know about the game before I spent the starting coins.

I have some understanding of php and databases, this website is built off of aspx, so I don't have a detailed idea of the problem. I've worked with it once, and I know sometimes things can go wonky. Maybe there is corruption within a database somewhere and it isn't logging new data...I don't know. It would have to be like that for everyone and not just me though. I don't know why it would effect just me unless it was some sort of an IP block, but out of curiosity I have tried with another IP to sign up for both show dogs and the show goats website, and the same thing... the same form and no email. I just wanted to play one of these games because they seemed fun.

I'm not really trying to make anyone rush or anything, I just wondered if there were IP bans in place, if you played one game you couldn't play another... wondered about having family play with me if that was possible... my son isn't into rabbits, but he might like horses or dogs for example.

IDK I guess either the website is broken or it's something on my end. But I have this account, and I could have made better decisions, I wish money wasn't so sparse. I think it would be cool to sell culls to a buyer that was the system for example for a lower price... like 5 coins or something. It wouldn't make me feel like I'm on my last dime.

I'll try show dogs again, but it might do the same thing, maybe not... I don't know lol. It's not a big deal at all.
 Vex
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/30/2017 3:59:52 PM reply with quote send message to Vex Object to Post

Ok now I am getting a message about a programming error. So I'd imagine that is what is going on.
 JustLooking
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/31/2017 12:50:43 AM reply with quote send message to JustLooking Object to Post

It is very strange. Has this been recent? I know there are new accounts on both SH and SD and I can't see something at the game end of things blocking you and no one else.

I created a new account on SH on July 30th - I needed a Basic account to check something I was trying to help a new Basic with - it worked fine then.

Are you using something portable, a laptop or something you could take to some public location and use a different network? Are you using a restricted network (as from work or something)that might be blocking certain types of sites. I'm not a real expert on this but I believe even your own home network has settings that block certain content - parental controls type of thing = or perhaps your browser settings.

Let us know if you get this worked out. I'm Gaylanstudio on both SD and SH - write me.
 Vex
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/31/2017 5:37:26 AM reply with quote send message to Vex Object to Post

After signing up with show dog:

This website encountered an unexpected problem

What Happened:

There was an unexpected error in this website. This may be due to a programming bug.
How this will affect you:

The current page will not load.
What you can do about it:

Close your browser, navigate back to this website, and try repeating your last action. Try alternative methods of performing the same action. If problems persist, contact Jeff by e-mail at admin@showdog.com.

----------
There is an expanded error code below it.
----------
Also I did try to make a new rabbit account and no go there either, none of the websites are allowing me to make an account at all. It's so weird. Originally I just wanted to start over, but I may end up just not playing. Idk, it's strange.
 Vex
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/31/2017 5:39:39 AM reply with quote send message to Vex Object to Post

Oh yeah, I only have a PC, but I've attempted it from my phone and another IP and had the same thing happening.
 JustLooking
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/1/2017 12:00:56 AM reply with quote send message to JustLooking Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Have you shut down your computer lately - a complete shutdown and restart?

Have you shut down and restarted your network - unplug it all, wait a minute or so then plug it in again and give it a minute or two to do its thing, then start up your computer and try again. (I was having some weird issues a couple of weeks ago and this seemed to resolve them.

I'm not savvy enough to explain it but its sort of like over time there's a build up of minor processing faults until they reach a certain point where things just don't work anymore. The restarts clean up this junk.

As far as the IP bans, you'd have to contact Admin. That might be the next option - see what he says.

Do you remember the user names you've used if not 'vex'?

-----
Last edited by JustLooking on 9/1/2017 12:07:32 AM

Replies in this thread : 18

Vex
Rabbits for Sale
CrimsCreek
Rabbits for Sale
Klassik
Rabbits for Sale